• 100K-250K Gold

• 50K-100K

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elian

Administrator
Staff member
‌‌ 
Jul 25, 2016
A much anticipated feature will soon come into effect. Portable ATMs will allow players to put the bank in their town, to give their town members ease of access to money, and of course, to flex on the other towns. They will allow you to switch access between any player who stumbles upon it, only members of your town, or only members of your nation. Anyone who has "switch" permissions on the plot can modify this option, so please keep that in mind.

With the staff team split on a price point, we take it to the community to help us decide what the price of an ATM should be. It is perceived as a late-game item which has caused many to want to drive up the price. On the other hand, its effect on the actual game is minimal. Please respond ASAP so we can get this feature out there.

Please note that the outcome of this poll does not guarantee the decided price. This information is used to guide us towards a decision. Also feel free to post a reply with a more definitive number and explanation for your specific price point.

Edit:
ATMs are now available for 200,000 gold. They can be purchased through the command /buyatm

Last edited:

CabanNieves

Diamond Donator
‌‌ 
‌‌ 
Jan 22, 2017
A much anticipated feature will soon come into effect. Portable ATMs will allow players to put the bank in their town, to give their town members ease of access to money, and of course, to flex on the other towns. They will allow you to switch access between any player who stumbles upon it, only members of your town, or only members of your nation. Anyone who has "switch" permissions on the plot can modify this option, so please keep that in mind.

With the staff team split on a price point, we take it to the community to help us decide what the price of an ATM should be. It is perceived as a late-game item which has caused many to want to drive up the price. On the other hand, its effect on the actual game is minimal. Please respond ASAP so we can get this feature out there.

Please note that the outcome of this poll does not guarantee the decided price. This information is used to guide us towards a decision. Also feel free to post a reply with a more definitive number and explanation for your specific price point.
Thats a good idea, I like it!

Reactions: OcelotPrincess

Paddywiggle

Diamond Donator
‌‌ 
‌‌ 
Dec 26, 2016
Listerine
Personally, I do think the price should be high, but not too high to where no one is buying it or using it. The ATM serves well as a money sink, and if too expensive, would only sink the money of those that have copious amounts to begin with. I suggest that the price be at max 250k, such that it is still attainable for most active (or efficient) players.

CATGIFS

Mar 8, 2019
Personally I think the price should be low. Bellow 50k even. Id rather type /warp bank to get a free atm than pay 50k to have one. If its too expensive it will become a useless feature

Reactions: Jonfurre and 6mj

E04K

Dec 14, 2019
I'd say the price should be on the lower side, much lower than 50k. The ATM is more of a convenience thing than an actually important item, /warp bank gives you an ATM for free. maybe like, 5k would be reasonable, expensive enough that its still a luxury, but not so expensive that its only owned by the top 10 richest folks on the server.

Reactions: CATGIFS

Paddywiggle

Diamond Donator
‌‌ 
‌‌ 
Dec 26, 2016
Listerine
Maybe like, 5k would be reasonable, expensive enough that its still a luxury, but not so expensive that its only owned by the top 10 richest folks on the server.
At 5k, towns would literally have them everywhere. It would not be a cool, collectors item. ./warp bank would never be used again.

E04K

Dec 14, 2019
At 5k, towns would literally have them everywhere. It would not be a cool, collectors item. ./warp bank would never be used again.
Is that a bad thing? Is there any real reason not to make ATM's accessible to everyone? I'm just not seeing any downsides to what ur saying...

Reactions: SonicSignal

SonicSignal

Dec 29, 2016
The Internet
urbanmc.net
Is that a bad thing? Is there any real reason not to make ATM's accessible to everyone? I'm just not seeing any downsides to what ur saying...
I don't see downsides either...

To @Paddywiggle: Are ATMs not accessible to everyone already? If anything having them available would be better for towns, since basic items shouldn't be seen or treated as a collector's item.

Server Status

UrbanMC Towny

towny.urbanmc.net

Online Players

5/100

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sushi_Patato