CATGIFS' Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by CATGIFS, May 24, 2020.

1. CATGIFS

CATGIFS Member

Ratings:
    +15
    CATGIFS' Moderator Application

Playtime: 335 Hours, 18 minutes, 25 seconds (as of May 19th, 2020)

Application:I’m CATGIFS. I am applying for Moderator at UrbanMC’s Towny server.

About me: I am a film student who plays Minecraft as hobby. I am King of Irken and mayor of IrkenCity. My skills in Minecraft are redstone engineering and building. I enjoy both the technical and creative aspects of the game.

Why I want to become Moderator: Becoming a mod on UrbanMC was never something I aspired to do until just recently. When I first joined the server I felt this sense of community that I wanted to be a part of immediately. Once I got settled and eventually started my town, I knew I would be on this server for the long run. After playing for about 2 months I have become very familiar with many of the players on the server and I feel I have become a part of this UrbanMC clan. I want to give back to the server that has entertained me and continues to. I love helping people whether it comes to helping them find a command or supplying them with a good that they might need.

What makes me a good Candidate?

A moderator should be someone who can work with players to give them an enjoyable place to play, while also making sure they follow the rules of the server. That means approaching every situation with a nice manner regardless of how annoying it might get. However, a mod can’t always be too nice and should enforce rules when they are needed. I have those attributes. I try to be nice to any player that I meet regardless of what I have heard before. Even when players tick me off I still try to come to an even ground where we can have a win win or even become friends. I believe every person deserves a second chance, but also should be put in place when needed. Nobody is perfect.

With a background in film, I know the importance of teamwork when it comes to solving problems. Communication is super important so that everyone can stay on the same page. A team must work together. That's why we see football teams with a star player like Messi, lose to team working machines like Germany. I know from experience the power of teamwork and nothing satisfies me more than creating or solving something as a unit.

Coming from an open minded family, I am always open to listening and understanding new ideas. I think everybody has at least one good and original idea. If everybody thought the same way, then we would be living in a pretty dull world, and chances are we wouldn’t have the technological advancements that amaze us every decade. It is super important to me that everyone should have their ideas heard out and considered.

After playing on the server for a few months now, I have become very familiar with the commands in game, as well as understanding how to navigate the website. I have posted on the forums only once previously, however I do understand the process. I also understand both the donor and dynmap websites as I use those regularly.

And finally, I think I am a good helper. Or I at least try to be of help when I can. I know I’m no god who knows all and I will admit to when I don’t know how to do something. However when I can help I will help if someone is in need. I love helping people grow. Just a little bit of help can go a long way if done right. It would have taken me a lot longer to build my skyscraper had Skatds not supplied me with concrete for the project. One of my favorite things to do is give a gift to my new town members. The surprise and joy they bring always warms my heart, even if it means sacrificing a few diamonds.

Server plans: My main goal for the server is to try and fix the economy. It would be ideal to give purpose to every player. Whether players are builders or simply resourceful, everyone should be able to use their talents to grow on the server. Currently I have started an industrial district in my town to encourage players to begin manufacturing goods which can be bought by the rest of town. This is just one of the first steps that needs to be taken. This goal might seem ambitious and impossible, but if everybody is willing to work together I believe it is possible.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and I hope you consider me as a potential moderator. I only want to make the already great server an even more enjoyable place to play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. waterswimmer111

waterswimmer111 ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +16
    Thank you for your application! It is currently under review.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OpalComet

OpalComet ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +117
    I don't think we need any more mods, but my opinion is irrelevant under these circumstances, anyways, very nicely written application.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Heauxs

Heauxs ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +70
    good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. OcelotPrincess

OcelotPrincess ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +312
    Goodluck cat!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. CabanNieves

CabanNieves ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +189
    Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +770
    Good luck.
    Oh shush Opal. I'll apply for mod literally to spite you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OpalComet

OpalComet ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +117
    And when you do I will not hesitate to comment on why you'd be a bad choice based on your current activity.

9. UrbanMC

UrbanMC ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +761
    Thank you for applying.

Your application has been denied.

10. Tqtal

Tqtal ‌‌  ‌‌ 

Ratings:
    +770
    "Thanks"

"No"